Weather advisory for central southern England – Friday and Saturday
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) is prepared for a period of wet and windy weather which has the potential for limited disruption to supplies across its central southern England electricity distribution network this weekend.
Current weather forecasts for the next 24-36 hours show heavy rain expected in isolated areas across Oxfordshire and Hampshire, accompanied by wind gusts of up to 40mph inland and 50mph along the coast. The winds will strengthen this evening and overnight (Friday 25 October) before gradually easing on Saturday.
SSEN would like to reassure its customers that it will continue to closely monitor the weather and is well prepared and resourced to respond promptly to any damage to its network, where it is safe to do so.
In the event of any potential disruption to supplies, customers can prepare by:
- Saving the emergency power cut number – 105 – to your phone to use if your power goes off, or if you see any damage to the electricity network
- Downloading SSEN’s Power Track app to give you details of power cuts and restoration times and to report faults or damage to SSEN’s network
- Going to SSEN’s website for advice and information on how to prepare for a possible loss of power
- Following SSEN on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates
In the event of an interruption in power supplies, SSEN’s customer service team will make outbound calls to customers on its Priority Services Register (PSR) to offer extra assistance, where required. People can qualify for the PSR if they:
Are dependent on electricity for home medical care
- Have a chronic illness or short term medical condition
- Are disabled
- Have special communication needs
- Have children under the age of five
- Are over the age of 60
To find out more about the PSR, click here or call 0800 294 3259.