SSEN showcasing innovation projects at the LCNI Conference
This year’s Conference puts electricity at the forefront, focusing on themes of empowering energy innovators. Colin Nicol, Managing Director of SSEN will be a keynote speaker and there will be in-depth presentations from SSEN colleagues on tackling the challenges of transitioning to a smart, flexible and cost-effective network.
The two-day programme gives stakeholders an opportunity to hear about key projects and initiatives from across the whole industry, meet members and ask questions of the project teams. This year, LCNI will feature a specific session on the Open Networks Project, on which SSEN is a partner, focussing on the highlights from 2019 and how new markets are being developed for flexibility.
There will also be presentations from SSEN Project Mangers within the Future Networks team, and a few project partners including the Energy Innovation Centre.
The subject areas you can hear more about on the exhibition stand, to name a few, include:
- The future impact of electric vehicle charging on the network, particularly in areas that receive high levels of tourists
- SSEN’s innovation projects: TRANSITION and Local Energy Oxfordshire (LEO)
- SSEN’s approach to the next price control framework, RIIO-2
- Methods employed to receive real-time field information
- Exploring RainMan data
- High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) technology
- New suite of transmission structures
Visit our stand early to book in, secure your space and have a chat with the team.
Tickets to the LCNI are now on sale here. With the focus on the future, students can get tickets for only £20 when signing up with a university email address.